April 12, 2006

Egg -a - Go -Go













photos copyright of Sarah Coyne


Meet Sarah Coyne, her pillows, her studio - the painter/designer behind Egg-a-Go-Go. I just had to giggle when I heard that name. (not Sarah, ahem...) It is so darn cute. Just like her pillows. I have a soft spot for hand painted textiles from my past life so I had to get in touch with her. We are going to carry her pillows and cards at our Saturday event, but Miss Sarah is off to San Fransisco, so you will have to get her facts here:

I was born and raised in New Hampshire. I came to Boston for school and stuck around after I was finished getting my BFA in illustration for Mass College of Art. I've been working various jobs in and around Boston while pursuing my art on the side. Egg-A-Go-Go is my one woman operation dealing primarily in the realm of cute. For just about a year now I've been participating in art and craft events in Boston and I've been honing my online site and shop while starting up some consigning and wholesale ventures.
I think Egg-A-Go-Go is best known for my Bird Pillows. All pillows are handmade, hand painted and one-of-a-kind. My stationery line is growing and changing to offer new designs and more varieties of correspondence materials. Aside from pillows and stationery my other loves include photography, painting on wood, traveling and collecting just about everything. I am endlessly inspired by the natural world and the creatures that inhabit it.
My very helpful assistant is my giant orange cat, Scruffy, a former hobo who never protests to working the "quality control" position when I'm making catnip pillows. I'm a member of a fantastic craft group The BBLC and we sometimes collaborate on projects when we are prepping for a craft fair.

Sarah has a cute little website and loads of photos of her other work. Go there and explore if you like and stop by the show on Saturday to touch the real thing!

The word for the day is ...persist ... in the face of negativity, as in getting that project done, and in finding your dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore Sarah's pillows ! How beautiful they are ! :)