July 16, 2007

Summer Splendor opening


Pat Frisella and Megan's "with unusual growth" sculptures

Steve Bowersock with his paintings

Megan Bogonovich's platters and bowls

Hadley Hutton's encaustic work
Where did last week go? So much happening in a short time, I will try and recap a little here with photos of the event on Friday for a start.
Thursday we hung the show which really went together very beautifully. A few last minute details on Friday and voila! presto! Summer Splendor. The poets arrived and read in "round" style standing next to a favorite work. We had a splendid evening. I'll let the photos do the talking now, but will be back later with a couple of more posts about one of our newest gallery artists, Megan Bogonovich, and my way too short visit with the amazing artist and fiber wizardess Lady Linoleum from L.A. and monster crochet. I am a little behind in getting all the artwork from this show into the shop, but by week's end it will all be there. Promise!

7 comments:

Jan said...

Love the new header! (I've been reading in Bloglines...it is new, right?)
I think Hadley Hutton's work is divine.

Susan Schwake said...

hi jan! yes, the header is newish... it was a painting i did this spring, so the dimensions were right to pop it in... glad you like!
more photos coming soon...

Anna said...

congrats on the opening...it looks beautiful...

LadyLinoleum said...

OMG, we had such a good time! I hated to leave actually. Loved meeting you guys so much. Grace is a doll. Lena really liked her.

Can't wait to get my artwork...

Love to you guys!

Anonymous said...

wow, I really really like the "with unusual growth" pieces! So interesting!
It looks like a fabulous evening!

Anonymous said...

The exhibition looks good. You have such a great space, Susan. I'm curious to see the artwork up in the shop - no pressure, though! I'll check again later in the week. :)

Michelle said...

It looks great! the growth pieces are so brilliant