November 16, 2009

Recipes!


Happy Monday! What a wonderful weekend we had this past three days. We slipped off on Friday afternoon to visit daughter Grace at college to attend a parent meeting about her next semester abroad in Rennes, France! She is very excited as this has been a dream of hers since high school. As she is majoring in both French and English, this semester will be dedicated just to her French major - something which she has dreamed of doing since she was 14. So despite our rainy Saturday we enjoyed the other corner of our pretty state! Upon coming home, I started thinking about using up our last bushel of apples. As a family we tend to consume a lot of applesauce or "apfelmus" (as Rainer calls it)- so I got right to work. I have decided to add a little photo recipe part to this blog and my flickr account, so you can explore some of our culinary adventures with us. Later tonight I will be canning or freezing the sauce and will supply directions on the flickr set for that. I hope you will enjoy the applesauce and try making it as it's so very easy!

No comments: