November 10, 2011

Weekend with old friends

There is always a place where your heart sits most comfortably, a place which is like no other. Mine is Vermont. It especially lives in the Newport area. Its remote rugged beauty with people who I love and admire and miss terribly are all there. Rainer and I went to visit and attend my dear friend's surprise (and it was!) 30th anniversary party held in a beautiful spot right on Lake Memphremagog. We enjoyed our weekend stay at *the* finest B and B anywhere - Swedish inspired Little Gnesta in Newport - highly recommended for your travels North. We spent an evening catching up and chatting till far too late then partying the next night with a full tour of the area where I used to live to fill in the gaps for Rainer squeezed in between. Monday we spent the morning walking the beautiful new bike/ski path next to the big lake before we turned our car South to head home.

1 comment:

susanna said...

There really is no place like Home, is there? And spending time with old friends is one of life's greatest pleasures. Glad you got to see your friends and to tour around your Home again. I'm hoping to see my Home again soon.